MADISON – Findorff is excited to announce the recent completion of its latest construction endeavor, UW Health at the American Center. In 2005, UW Health purchased a 42-acre parcel of land on Madison’s east side as part of its successive evolution. A decade later, a state-of-the-art facility stands epitomizing the spirit of innovation.
Taking a fresh approach to patient- and family-centered care, UW Health partnered early on with Findorff to strategically develop a comprehensive, one-of-a-kind health and wellness center. As a crucial part of the project, both patient and provider perspectives were evaluated to improve efficiencies in care and operations, as well as foster better patient outcomes and experiences. Ready to open its doors and provide care from a holistic approach, UW Health at The American Center is an inviting, 496,000-square-foot healing environment easily accessible to visitors and home to:
- 14 operating rooms
- A 56-bed hospital serving orthopedic and general medical/surgical patients
- A cardiology clinic with same-day access
- A dedicated training space for athletes consisting of: a full-sized basketball court modeled after that of at the Kohl Center, an outdoor training field, the Center for Sports Movement with 2D- and 3D-movement-evaluation systems, strength-development accommodations, as well as lap and therapy pools
- A Universal Care Center to support urgent and emergency services, outpatient diagnostic and treatment procedures, as well as pre-operative and post-operative care
- Two floors of clinic exam rooms
- Physical- and occupational-therapy spaceAdditionally, UW Health at The American Center is pursuing LEED® Silver for Healthcare. Through this initiative, it is expected that 34% of the building’s total base water usage will be avoided and 34% will be reused.Findorff is extremely proud to have again partnered with such a progressive healthcare institution and congratulates UW Health on crafting one of the most-advanced care facilities in the nation. The project’s architecture and structural engineering were completed by Flad Architects. Affiliated Engineers was responsible for the MEP engineering, which was supported by Findorff’s affiliated company, TURIS™ Systems.