During this time in history, the United States more than doubled its Gross National Product, much due to government spending. Specifically, capital was placed into the construction of many educational institutions, of which Findorff saw the results of, with the 1950s experiencing the first wave of baby boomers. Kicking off the decade, Findorff constructed the Mendota School in 1950. Later in 1958, the Company also contracted with the Madison Metropolitan School District for the construction of five new schools.
Similar contracts were also in higher education, specifically those with UW– Madison. Regarded as one of the City’s most important institutions, the University selected Findorff to build its Commerce Building. Known today as the Social Sciences Building, it was the University’s first purely classroom facility since the 1930s.Return to Timeline