skip to Main Content
The Beginning

The Beginning

Findorff’s history dates back to the turn of the 19th century, starting with the Company’s founder, John H. Findorff. Originally from Germany, John entered the construction industry as a young carpenter for J.H. Starck & Co. (Starck), later named Starck Manufacturing Co., where his first project was the Dane County Courthouse. Although still employed through Starck, John’s passion for producing quality craftsmanship led him to take work under his own name starting in 1890, marking the year of our Company’s founding. The first project involved carpentry work at the UW-Madison Armory and Gymnasium, better known today as the “Red Gym.”

Return to Timeline
Joint Our Email List
  • Join Our Email List

  • Subscribe to Updates

Back To Top