Department of VA Community Resource & Referral Center
Originally built in 1925 for a cartage company (for horse-drawn carriage-delivery services), this historic, 10,000-square-foot, cream city-brick building was recently renovated for its newest tenant, the Department of Veterans Affairs. Much of the work included interior demolition to reconfigure the space for a workable office for the VA.
Additional features include:
- Exposed brick walls and open steel truss structures
- Historic tax credits from the State of Wisconsin and the federal government through the Natural Park Service
- LEED® Silver Certification
- Roof-line skylights for ample natural lighting