QBE Data Center Infrastructure
Sun Prairie, WI
The QBE Data Center Infrastructure Project was a multi-phase fast track five month project consisting of the replacement and upgrading of existing mechanical and electrical systems in a LIVE operating data center without shutting down the facility’s operations. The project consisted of the following attributes:
- Replace Chillers
- Replace (4) Air Handlers
- New concrete area wells for air intake
- Replace Ductwork and acoustical ceilings within the Data Center.
- New vertical shafts to exhaust excess heat through to roof.
- Hot Isle Containment.
- Replace both A & B UPS
- Replace Auto Transfer Switches
- Concrete encased electrical duct bank – 2,000 linear feet
- New Back-up Generator
- Maintained operation of existing VESDA and FM 200 Systems while under construction